My last post talked about the mess I made of a 50s dress. I am perhaps a little put out with myself about it, but nothing serious. However, I do have some pictures of it to share with you (even though the print direction does make me look a little stouter than I am).
So, without further ado, here it is:
Anyway, I had decided to be adventurous and stray away from the pattern instructions by cutting the bodice on the bias (or diagonal to the grain). This did make things a little interesting, because alone, the bodice would not support the skirt, so I had to fully line it with the lining cut on the grain so that it wouldn’t stretch. I thought it would look cool to have the bodice on the bias, and it does, when it’s not on me. 😛 I don’t mind this experience too much, although I am still trying to figure out how to make the dress look good on me.